Bathwick Villa (10-15 Forester Road)
Bathwick Villa was a substantial Gothic-style house built in 1777 for Alderman James Ferry situated roughly where numbers 10-15 Forester Road stand today. The house and gardens were laid out as a place for public entertainment and refreshment. Business declined in the early 1790's due mainly to competition from other resorts and transport difficulties as a result of Georgian development in Bathwick. By 1799 the future of Bathwick Villa was uncertain and the 19th century saw a steady decline in its fortunes, resulting in its demolition in 1897 to make way for the Bathwick Estate.