- The most important issue for us like most in Bath is the need to resolve the local effects of Bath's transport problems. The key to this is the long proposed A36-A46 Link Road, and we continue to argue for progress on this.
- Last Autumn, the then BathNES Council published draft proposals for a Charging Clean Air Zone in central Bath to reduce air pollution caused by vehicle emissions which had important implications for the Bathwick Estate. On 8 November we held a public meeting (notes here) on this to help everyone decide how to respond, and we then advised residents here and the Council that we believed the CAZ should include our Estate and Beckford Road. The then Council in March agreed revised proposals which exclude cars, but includes the Bathwick Estate inside the CAZ. We welcomed this. This plan has now been put to final consultation by the new Council.
- We are delighted that the Sydney Gardens update project, has now been awarded a £2.7m Lottery Fund Grant. Update here.
- We were sorry that the Cleveland Pools Trust received the go ahead for their commercial scale plans to restore the Pools. We recognise the importance of rescuing this historic site. But the planned scale of operation, and the vehicle traffic it will inevitably bring, is completely inappropriate for this quiet, residential community. The CPT have now begun the implementation phase, and say they are keen to make a new start in their relationship with us, their neighbours, starting with better communications, advertised here. We believe the best chance of limiting the damage is to co-operate with this, and would encourage everyone who can, whether they are supportive or not, to register for and go to these sessions and have their say.
- We are concerned about the emerging impact of the plans to develop the Rec. The car parking provision, visual impact, and likely noise and light pollution impacts of a commercial development on this scale seem very concerning. We intend to comment when the planning application, now expected later this year, goes forward.