- The most important issue for us like most in Bath is the need to resolve the local effects of Bath's transport problems. The key to this is the long proposed A36-A46 Link Road, and we continue to argue for progress on this. We are also taking a close interest in the Council's plans to repair Cleveland Bridge, involving weight limits for traffic in the months to come, and major constraints on all traffic while the repair, if approved, is undertaken. The weight limit, while sometimes ignored, has markedly reduced traffic, and HGVs in particular.We are supporting efforts to make it permanent.
- In 2017, the then BathNES Council published draft proposals for a Charging Clean Air Zone in central Bath to reduce air pollution caused by vehicle emissions. We asked that the CAZ Zone included the Bathwick Estate and Beckford Rd. This was agreed.Implementation of the CAZ has now been delayed until 2021.
- We fully support the Sydney Gardens update project, and are members of the Steering Group overseeing how the £2.7m Lottery Fund Grant is spent. Newsletter here .
- We were sorry that the Cleveland Pools Trust received the go ahead for their commercial scale plans to restore the Pools.The visitor numbers expected in their business plan, and the vehicle traffic they would inevitably bring , were completely inappropriate for this quiet, residential community. The CPT have now begun the implementation phase, and have begun a new residents communication approach, including separate meetings with the Pool's Immediate Neighbours. We believe the best chance of limiting the damage is to co-operate with this, and encourage residents to go to these sessions and have their say. Our aim is to advocate operational approaches that don't depend on high numbers of visitors.
- We are concerned about the emerging impact of the plans to develop the Rec. The car parking provision, visual impact, and likely noise and light pollution impacts of a commercial development on this scale seem very concerning. We intend to comment when the planning application goes forward.