- The most important issue for us like most in Bath is the need to resolve the local effects of Bath's transport problems. The key to this taking through traffic, especially HGVs, away from Bath, and we continue to argue for progress on this. We are taking a close interest in the Cleveland Bridge repair project, which has now begun, with much disruption in prospect over the next few months.
- The council had recently published or consulted on a wide range of different proposals said to be aimed at encouraging more healthy means of travel, but many were poorly thought out, and were incoherent. We discussed this at our AGM on 21 April. We hope the revised schemes prosed for a few months time are better thought out.
- We fully support the Sydney Gardens update project, and are members of the Steering Group overseeing how the £2.7m Lottery Fund Grant is spent. May newsletter here .
- The CPT have now begun the implementation phase of the Cleveland Pools project, and are now on contract with Beards. They have begun monthly implementation meetings with the Pool's Immediate Neighbours. Our aim is to minimise disruption during build, and to advocate operational approaches that don't depend on high numbers of visitors.
- We are monitoring recent changes in the plans to develop the Rec. We share local concerns to ensure that any future proposals are in tune with Bath's ambience as a WHS City.
- There will be a Bathwick Estate Community Day, on Saturday July 24th, with residents of all ages encouraged to offer inspiring and/or fun things to do or buy in front of their houses. Resident Fiona Carnie is organising it - details here.