- The most important issue for us like most in Bath is the need to resolve the local effects on movement and health of Bath's transport problems. The key aspect of this is the long proposed A36-A46 Link Road, and we continue to argue for progress on this.
- We are also working with our Councillors to fix local transport problems and encourage improvements to the estate and its environs. The current list of such issues is here. We are meeting regularly with our Councillors and Council Officers to hasten action on them.
- One persistent local problem is illegal coach parking near the Chinese restaurant at the end of Bathwick St. A meeting with Councillor Peter Turner (Abbey Ward) and Councillor Mark Shelford, the new Cabinet Lead for transport, recently agreed some new parking control arrangements for Bathwick Street which the Council is now consulting on.
- We have set up a Neighbourhood Watch scheme for the whole estate. Hannah Rees is the coordinator, and will be able to pass on email updates on policing issues to all who notify her of their email address. You can do this via the contact form here if you wish. Avon and Somerset Police have upgraded their website so it is much more interactive and relevant on local issues; it can be found here.
- The latest update on the Sydney Gardens update project, which we are supporting , is here.
- We support the restoration of the Cleveland Pools, but while the Cleveland Pools Trust (CPT) has done a lot of public engagement on their plans, they did not recognise the need to engage their neighbours from the start as distinct stakeholders that need to be brought on board to ensure the local impact of their plans is acceptable. The main problem is the planned intensity of use of the site, both in terms of hours of use (noise for neighbours), and the impact of travel to and from the pools, some of which will be by car and coach. We support a much less intensive approach to the restoration and use of the Pools, in particular dropping the water heating element, as set out in a report from the CPT's consultants here. When we discussed it at a meeting with the CPT in August (note of meeting here) they insisted that it would not be financially viable, and confirmed that they would be applying to the HLF that month to seek confirmation of funding for their original scheme. We have therefore written to the HLF (here) asking them to reject the CPT's proposals in favour of the non heated water variant, or a fresh start. The HLF's decision is expected in December.